Technical analysis of GBP/JPY for January 09, 2018
GBP/JPY is under pressure and expected to trade with bearish outlook. The pair recorded lower tops and lower bottoms , which confirmed a negative outlook. The downward momentum is further reinforced by both declining 20-period and 50-period moving averages. The relative strength index lacks upward momentum.
To conclude, as long as 153.00 is resistance, expect a new test with targets at 151.75 and 151.50 in extension.
Alternatively, if the price moves in the direction opposite to the forecast, a long position is recommended above 152.90 with the target at 152.50
Strategy: Sell, stop loss at 153.00, take profit at 151.75
Chart Explanation: the black line shows the pivot point. The price above the pivot point indicates long positions; and when it is below the pivot point, it indicates short positions. The red lines show the support levels and the green line indicates the resistance levels. These levels can be used to enter and exit trades.
Resistance levels: 153.65, 153.85, and 155.
Support levels: 151.75, 151.50, and 151.00The material has been provided by InstaForex Company - www.instaforex.com
Latest News & Daily Analysis
- Fractal analysis of major currency pairs on March 22
- Experts have named the main reasons for the weakening dollar this year
- The dollar follows in the footsteps of the euro
- Trading recommendations for the GBPUSD currency pair - prospects for further movement
- How long will the dollar decline last? What drives the sterling?
- Brexit situation is even worse than it was. The US data supports the dollar
- Overview of the currency market on 03/22/2019
- Trading Plan 03/22/2019
- Burning Forecast 03/22/2019
- GBP/USD: plan for the European session on March 22. EU leaders rejected the postponement of Brexit from March 29 to June